What is it?
Jimbo is exercise developed to improve the deep abdominals and deep back muscles which stabilise the lower back and support it.
It is often introduced through work on a fitness ball, which was first used for rehabilitation after injury and operations.
The ‘ball’ became a fitness tool in the early 1990s and is now used widely in gyms and in the home.
Elite athletes work their core to help prevent injury, increase balance and co-ordination and to improve their overall conditioning.
For all of us good Core Stability (Jimbo) will help to keep us flexible, free from injury and add to our quality of life.
What are the benefits?
- A healthy back – essential as we sit for longer at the computer or driving in our cars.
- Good posture – this also makes us look younger
- A strong core – (the deep abdominal and spinal muscles)
- Muscle balance – keeping the body evenly developed
- Mobility and flexibility – to help relaxation and give us the ability to move more freely.
- It is important and suitable for all ages.
Core Stability (Jimbo) at Gym Mostyn
Jimbo is instructor and demonstrator led using the fitness ball, light weights, the floor and medicine balls. Music is used for the cardio-vascular and muscular endurance sections of the sessions. Each session contains a warm up, an intense workout and a gentle stretching cool down, suitable for all levels of fitness. We challenge the wobble!
Jimbo Exercises for the Week
- Warm up